Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Scott Perkins: Writing isn't a major, it's a lifestyle choice: Ad...

This is great stuff for a Wednesday at the end of term, from the inimitable Scott Perkins (and with his permission). Click the link for the whole thing.

Pages to type before I sleep...: Writing isn't a major, it's a lifestyle choice: Ad...: Because I work in a college
writing center (and maintain this and other writing-related blogs) a question I get asked a lot is "What do I major in if I want to be a writer?" Because I'm online in several places, those questions now come more often as emails and messages

Here's an actual message sent to me on Tumblr the other day...
"I'm a freshman in college with an undecided major. What do you think my major should be if I want to be a writer for magazines and websites maybe eventually write a book one day?"The correct answer is: Whatever you want to major in is fine. Writing isn't a major, it's a lifestyle choice.
I've said it before and will say it again:=....

No comments:

Post a Comment