Stories require a little more work from Faithful Readers to find and consume, but to make it worse, I have been very remiss about announcing or celebrating the publication of a number of them!
Here they are (so far) with links so you don't have ot track them down.
- "Charmed and Strange" will be in Unsung Stories on July 31, 2015. Direct link provided when available.
- A Rescue in Graphite (A Donovan story) is in Crooked Cats' Tales (2014).
- I have three spooky drabbles (100-word stories) in Spooky Halloween Drabbles (Indy Authors Press, 2014)
- And three fairly creepy sci fi drabbles in Speculative Valentine Drabbles (Indy Authors Press, 2015)
- Whitechapel Enchanted, due to a twist of fate, is now available for free on Wattpad!
- Jack's Day Out, a sort of ten-years-after sequel to a familiar story, in A Forest of Dreams (Indy Authors Press, 2014). Here's how it begins...
Once there were two brothers who went on a journey, setting out before dawn from their mother’s house. After riding for many hours through a meadow and then a wood, and finally a barren heath—none of them enchanted—their path came to an abrupt end at a broad chasm filled with light.
At their feet a wooden bridge spanned the gilded air. On the other side, low mist gathered white and gold, roiling up from the chasm like a passing storm. Hardly a barrier, magical or otherwise, when they could see from here it was only a few paces deep. The path clearly reappeared on the other side. A kind of stair, perhaps the flat faces of trimmed logs, cut into the steep rise of a hill between split poles that made a rail on either side. Too steep for their mounts.
The elder brother, Jack, sighed like a man who knew too much already, but said nothing. Perian, much his junior, laughed with delight.
“We’re almost there! Those are city gates, aren’t they? I can see them shining, just like you said! How hard can it be?”
For more, you'll just have to pick up the book!